Over the past week, Derek and I have traveled around visiting friends in family in Indiana, Ohio, and a little bit of Kentucky. Through these visits, it seemed the first or second question someone would ask would be related to the Bunker or Longshot. I gotta admit, I was shocked at the amount of people following our renovation process. Shocked and then super excited. It is fun that so many people are encouraging us along!
It also made me realize that many of you are a tad behind. We have been blogging for 5 months now, so getting behind is totally understandable. No judgement here. I have decided to do a little update blog so you can catch yourself right back up.
So. Here we go. Top 10 things you need to know in order to be caught up on the Lavender's Longshot
10. This is Longshot She was purchased January 2014. When we tell people we bought a house, we usually put the word HOUSE in quotation marks. As a foreclosed home, she isn't livable but we see the potential!
9. Longshot will not be our home for awhile but here is the layout we have in mind. She is about 1,200 square ft and will have a "modern cabin" theme. But please don't buy us a moose head. It's not THAT kind of cabin.
Since Longshot has quite a lot of work needed to make her livable, we decided to renovate the unattached, cement workshop that sits at the top of our property. We plan on moving into Bunker this fall and living here until we can finish Longshot.
5. The first few months after purchasing Longshot was spent cleaning her out. We are proud that she is now pretty much ready to construction!
4. Longshot is rocking some great potential with her new ceilings and her true beauty being exposed.
3. Bunker got a serious paint job
2. And some serious windows
1. There isn't really a number 1. I believe #1 needs to saved for something really sweet...like the pictures of a completed Bunker in October.
So. Whether you are new to our renovation process or have been following along the whole time, we hope you love it as much as we do. Your words of wisdom, encouragement, or the occasional "You guys are crazy", makes this journey way more fun!
Ps. We know we are crazy...but I have never enjoyed being known as crazy as I have these past 6 months!