When Derek said he wanted a hot tub, I begged him to let me do a little edible landscaping instead.
In less than an hour, I turned our small, overrun with Russian Sage space into a perfect place to grow zucchini and peas (or any climbing veggie).
The best part? You can easily unassemble your trellis and store it for next year.
This is how I made our Easy Peasy Garden Trellis:
- Line up your 4 trellis pieces and match them together like a puzzle.
- Zip tie the bottoms and tops
- Place a stake on each corner and let it stick out from the bottom about 10"
- Screw the stake to the trellis. I added an extra zip tie around the stake just to secure it better.
- Next, place the trellis in the ground. Wiggle it around and get those stakes deep into the ground
- Plant your veggies!
Worried you are too late to plant vegetables? Don't be! In mid-August, you can start planting cool weather plants (like peas, lettuce, radishes, etc.) and you trellis will come in handy!
Let me know if you give this project a try and happy Gardening!